We are actively fundraising for our ‘Nurse Practitioner Project.’
This project will employ a full-time Nurse Practitioner and Medical Office Assistant providing Primary Healthcare for up to 800 more Victoria residents.
The funds are being managed by the Creating Community Wellness Society, and donations are tax deductible.
The Nurse Practitioner Project
Once funded, our Nurse Practitioner will operate out of 4 treatment rooms:
- Cook Street Activity Centre
- Centennial United Church
- Our Place and
- One other potential location in the James Bay area (TBFinalized)
“We currently have funding for a part-time position and are working hard to raise the money needed to provide full-time, on-going, stable primary healthcare services to Victoria residents”, says Vanessa Hammond, Chair of the Victoria Health Cooperative. “We’re raising funds to cover annual costs of a Nurse Practitioner and Medical Office Assistant as well as to set up 4 new treatment rooms. The total cost of the project for this year is $310,000.
If you’d like to have your name added to the Nurse Practitioner waiting list, please let Vanessa Hammond know via our Contact page. You do NOT need to be a member of the Victoria Health Cooperative to be a patient.
- Share this page to your own Social Media Networks: copy/paste https://VictoriaHealthCooperative.com/np-project
- Download the YYJ NP Project Poster and hang it up in prominent places
- Donate now over at Creating Community Wellness Society – just click the link below!
Need More Details?
Here are our one-page ‘Backgrounders’: