Choices for a Healthy Lifestyle is a very simple and enjoyable program. We plan every series of 4 to 6 topics with a representative from the host organization and, if possible, potential participants. Each session includes a nutritious snack, a short presentation, discussion, social time, sometimes a hand-out. Most importantly, we encourage the participants to share their own expertise and knowledge.
Topics have included:
- Choices for good nutrition even on a tight budget
- Choices for healthy movement and exercise regardless of your level of mobility
- Choices for recreation and relaxation on a tight budget
- Choices for transportation on a tight budget and with mobility challenges
- Choices for medication, food and other wellness factors
- Choices for dealing with stress, sleeplessness, anxiety
- Your Choices of great resources in your community (learning from all participants, making little booklets
- and the perennial favourite, Choices for glamour on a tight budget.
If your organization is curious about Choices or if you would like to be an organizer, soup maker or presenter, please contact us.